WAVE is an award-winning independent agency that is all about big, simple and beautiful ideas.
We are focused on using strategic human insights, to leverage both creativity and digital solutions.
We also pride ourselves on projects that have the ability to create progressive change, be it social or environmental.
It’s not just about seeking accolades, it’s about making meaningful impact to real people. For us, 2021 and beyond is all about solutions and the collective, not merely ads.
We’re an ambitions bunch, with world-class experience, who appreciate independent thought, challenging ideas, and an appreciation for craft.
We are looking for experienced agency and client-side talent with skills in:
- Senior Account Director - you must enjoy developing new client relationships and have a proven record of taking clients brands to new heights with the power of a creative idea.
- Head of Digital Consulting - many of our clients enjoy the benefits of digital transformation. Bring your customer experience and digital media skills to the table to advise clients on the best strategy to find their niche in the ever-expanding digital world we live in.
- Brand Planner - We are looking for a creatively ambitious Brand Planner who can move fluidly between intuition, creativity, and rigor to solve complex marketing problems. In this role, you’ll be responsible for using experienced techniques and the latest and most innovative methods for obtaining customer insight. Nothing beats a good idea. And every day we come to work to think more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
- Strategic Digital Account Manager - working with our exceptional digital team, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery and growth of WAVE's world-class digital services
Strategic Digital Account Manager
Working with our exceptional digital team, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery and growth of WAVE's world-class digital services.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the day to day planning and development of assigned client accounts and projects. They would be accountable for the delivery of excellent client service and will demonstrate enthusiasm for our clients’ businesses, bringing knowledge and expertise to bear in the agency’s work.
Included in the role is responsibility for ‘executional’ aspects of the account which we expect candidates to be experienced enough to handle with confidence.
We would love to hear from candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years senior digital experience, ideally the majority of this time in an agency.
- Superb attention to detail, timeliness flawless, and budgets adhered to.
- Natural leadership skills, able to invoke collaboration throughout major projects – keep communications flowing and ensuring the client is well informed and expectations are met.
- Experience building and implementing digital content for use across email (Hubspot), search, social, web and in various CRMs and familiar with best practise for each. Experience with Amazon would be a bonus.
- Driven by data and able to analyse analytics to identify opportunities and optimise campaigns as necessary.
- Experience in email nurture funnels, customer journey mapping and path to purchase / omnichannel optimisation.
- The ability to be agile in approach, flexible and able to prioritise with ease and confidence.
If you feel up to the challenge of this attractive role and want to use and develop your skills with a fun and dynamic company, please apply online by clicking on the Apply Now link below.
Please note – Applications from outside NZ will only be responded to and considered if evidence of a NZ Work Permit/Visa has already been obtained and sent along with this application.
For streamlining of the application process, our preferred method for receiving applications is through this advertisement and via the Seek portal.
Account Director/NBD/Marketing Consultant
Location: Mount Maunganui, Aotearoa NZ
WAVE is a growing full-service brand communications agency. We are seeking a talented, experienced committed and passionate client facing marketers to join our team. We are a small but ambitious agency, so the role is multifaceted.
Joining our client services team, you will be equally active in growing our existing client relationships and forging new ones. There will be a team of account managers and digital consultants to help you.
We are looking for people with strong agency experience who enjoy the process of developing long term relationships with clients. You will enjoy working as a marketing or brand consultant for your clients. You will love using the combined power of creativity and technology to grow brands and businesses. At your side there will be an award winning creative and strategy team to develop meaningful and relevant creative ideas that inspire change.
- Leadership of all client relationships – with support of nine others in client facing account and digital management roles.
- Be a hands-on Account Director – on key growth accounts.
- Actively involved in new business development – with General Manager.
- Management of client growth objectives.
- Marketing consultancy and workshop facilitation as required.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with senior agency or brand building experience that is digitally native. You will be looking for big opportunities, but keen to avoid big agency bureaucracy.
Head of Digital Consulting (new role)
Location: Mount Maunganui, Aotearoa NZ
We seek an experienced digital leader who has a passion for marketing in a digital world, is at one with the power of data, segmentation and RFM analysis and understands how to connect this with CX, creativity and brand in both local and international markets.
You must be a digital native with at least five years agency experience in a senior role, who is strategic and futuristic by nature and is passionate about guiding and supporting our impressive team of digital marketers to new heights.
- Driving new business for WAVE clients through digital marketing consultation
- Applying a CX and digital lens across all key projects
- Supporting and coaching our digital and client services teams on new and innovative digital marketing techniques
- Web Development and e-commerce consultation
Brand Planner (new role)
Role: Full-time or Part-time
Location: Mount Maunganui, Aotearoa NZ
We help evolve many iconic brands at Wave, both local and global. As an independent agency, we’re hell-bent on making outstanding creative. To do so, we need more of the world’s most talented people.
At Wave, you’ll find a small-medium sized agency, that’s fast-growing, with a team who love big ideas.
Our culture doesn’t just respect creativity, it nurtures it – with an understanding of social context, and a desire to help make the world a better place. Once you join our community, the path is one you can forge and map on your own – with likeminded thinkers who encourage progressive thinking.
Today, Wave has some brilliant work under its belt. And is now moving into a growth stage, to focus on brave creative and strategy – for local, regional, and global brands. Think big ideas, independent thinkers – by the beach in the Bay of Plenty. And lots of opportunity to help steer Wave’s future direction – the possibilities are endless.
The Brand Planner is a creative thinker (foremost), with a sound intuitive insight into the nature of human behaviour.
You’ll work close with the lead creative team, and leadership team, to pave the way forward.
You’ll help grow Wave, by uncovering information, distilling insights, and summarising them to help inspire the creative teams.
Our primary aim in Planning is to be the initiator and guide for creative work. And to be the go-to person for clients – in terms of deep, analytical business thinking. As well as having a strong impact and point of view for the client’s industry, consumer, and business strategies.
Your core role is to work on brands that have the potential to transform and grow. As the lead, you should have experience in stewarding brand development, writing inspiring Creative Briefs, and steering creative development – in alignment with partners (media, PR, digital). You’ll also play a hero role in relation to leading new business pitches, promoting our offering, and identifying award-winning opportunities.
The ideal candidate:
We need someone who recognises, values and will fight for creativity. This role will suit someone who likes to work closely with senior creative teams, helping to steer the creative output. You need to balance a love of creativity with an appreciation of the commercial realities that our clients face.
We want you to have your own idea of how planning can best work – in alignment with our agency’s vision for creativity and growth.
Rigour & Craft
Our clients are sophisticated and meticulous and demand a rigorous, information led approach to insight and decision making. The Brand Planner has to have the same level of attention to detail when it comes to research, analysing data and presenting.
Help us shape, inform and build powerful brand platforms – which have the power to stand the test of time.
As we are based in Mount Maunganui – having you located here is important to us. However, flexibility for the role can be further discussed.